Lesson 2C – Asset Management
This lesson introduces asset management, a critical enterprise activity for most industrial operations, and explains why IoT is a focal element in the next generation of asset management systems.
- Provide the ISO 55000 definitions of “asset” and “asset management”
- Explain how IoT is catalyzing innovation in asset management
- List IoT technologies that support asset management
- Describe functions in asset management that are supported by specific IoT technologies
- Explain the relationship between asset management and predictive maintenance
- K0309: Knowledge of emerging technologies that have potential for exploitation by adversaries.
- K0335: Knowledge of current and emerging cyber technologies.
- K0437: Knowledge of general SCADA system components.
- K0612: Knowledge of what constitutes a “threat” to a network.
- S0001: Skill in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- S0027: Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- S0034: Skill in discerning the protection needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks.
- S0085: Skill in conducting audits or reviews of technical systems.
- S0228: Skill in identifying critical target elements, to include critical target elements for the cyber domain.
- S0278: Skill in tailoring analysis to the necessary levels (e.g., classification and organizational).
- A0001: Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- A0034: Ability to develop, update, and/or maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).