Introduction to and Overview of Cybersecurity
This lesson provides an introduction and overview of cyberspace and cybersecurity. We will explore the fundamental principles of cybersecurity, i.e. confidentiality, integrity and availability. We also explore some common threats to information security and look at basic security fundamentals to understand how we can secure our systems and networks better.
- Define cyberspace and cybersecurity
- Understand the basic security principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Describe some common threats to information security
- Understand basic security fundamentals
- K0004: * Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- K0044: Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- K0211: Knowledge of confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements.
- K0295: Knowledge of confidentiality, integrity, and availability principles.
- S0006: Skill in applying confidentiality, integrity, and availability principles.
- Cybersecurity Principles (CSP)