System Preparation: Virtualization and Linux OS Installation
This lesson provides the steps to download and install free open-source virtualization software on a computer (laptop); in this lesson we use Oracle’s VirtualBox. It then provides instructions on how to create a new virtual machine using this software and then walks through the steps to install a Linux operating system on it.
- Install virtualization software on a computer (laptop)
- Install a Linux system on a (physical or virtual) computer
- K0130: Knowledge of virtualization technologies and virtual machine development and maintenance.
- K0609: Knowledge of virtual machine technologies.
- K0610: Knowledge of virtualization products (VMware, Virtual PC).
- S0073: Skill in using virtual machines.
- Virtualization Technologies (VTT)