Cryptography – Introduction and Evolution
This lesson introduces the student to cryptography and cryptographic systems and exposes them to several cipher techniques. Additionally, it provides hands-on experience with a few of these techniques.
- Understand the evolution of cryptography and cryptographic systems
- Describe the basic characteristics of cryptographic systems
- Apply basic cryptanalysis techniques to decrypt simple ciphers
- Describe what makes the one-time pad impervious to cryptanalysis
- K0019: Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- K0305: Knowledge of encryption algorithms, stenography, and other forms of data concealment.
- K0308: Knowledge of cryptology.
- Basic Cryptography (BCY)