Lesson 1A – Quality, Innovation, & Cybersecurity
This lesson focuses on foundational concepts that will help students understand production systems from a quality systems perspective.
- Describe the relationship between production systems, industrial control systems, and critical infrastructure
- Explain quality, usability, and innovation
- Describe the components of a quality system
- Explain how quality (and quality systems) are related to cybersecurity
- K0120: Knowledge of how information needs and collection requirements are translated, tracked, and prioritized across the extended enterprise
- K0146: Knowledge of the organization's core business/mission processes.
- K0154: Knowledge of supply chain risk management standards, processes, and practices.
- K0164: Knowledge of functionality, quality, and security requirements and how these will apply to specific items of supply (i.e., elements and processes).
- K0198: Knowledge of organizational process improvement concepts and process maturity models (e.g., Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for Development, CMMI for Services, and CMMI for Acquisitions).
- S0038: Skill in identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- A0009: Ability to apply supply chain risk management standards
- A0045: Ability to evaluate/ensure the trustworthiness of the supplier and/or product.