This lesson introduces the student to several encryption protocols and their uses with other protocols.
- Describe protocols and applications for end-to-end encryption including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), IPSec, Secure Shell (SSH), and virtual private networks (VPN)
- Examine tradeoffs in the Kerberos protocol for single sign-on authentication
- K0018: Knowledge of encryption algorithms (e.g., Internet Protocol Security [IPSEC], Advanced Encryption Standard [AES], Generic Routing Encapsulation [GRE], Internet Key Exchange [IKE], Message Digest Algorithm [MD5], Secure Hash Algorithm [SHA], Triple Data Encryption Standard [3DES]).
- K0019: Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- K0044: Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- K0056: Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure [PKI]).
- Intro to Cryptography