A primary feature of the Virginia Cyber Range is a cloud-hosted, virtual environment where students practice what they have learned in immersive, hands-on laboratory exercises to complement their cybersecurity courses. Key features include:
- Students access range VMs through web browsers; no special software needed.
- Cloud-based approach allows fast deployment and scalability.
- Eases the burden on Virginia schools of providing infrastructure for cybersecurity labs.
- Resources are provided at no cost to Virginia public high schools, colleges, and universities.
- Implements technology protection measures to block or filter Internet access to pictures that are: (a) obscene; (b) child pornography; or (c) harmful to minors in order to meet requirements set forward by the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA).